StudentHire collects the names, addresses, email addresses, phone numbers and ages of everyone who creates an account. When a job is requested we will share all necessary information with student applicants. This may include: Name, address, email address and phone number. We may use the information we collect about you to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including, for example, to facilitate payments, send receipts, provide products and services you request (and send related information), develop new features, provide customer support to Users, develop safety features, authenticate users, and send product updates and administrative messages;
- Perform internal operations, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of our Services; to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends;
- Send or facilitate communications between students and homeowners, such as estimated times of arrival or questions regarding the job;
- Send you communications we think will be of interest to you, including information about products, services, promotions, news, and events of StudentHire and other companies, where permissible and according to local applicable laws; and to process contest, sweepstake, or other promotion entries and fulfill any related awards;
- Personalize and improve the Services, including to provide or recommend features, content, social connections, referrals, and advertisements.
Third Party Terms
StudentHire uses various third party services to derive insight and enhance end user experiences. The following services are implemented on this website:
Last Updated: February 5, 2019
- StudentHire makes use of the Facebook Ad Pixel and Google Ad Pixel for Conversion Tracking which helps us analyze and measure the efficacy of our advertising. All data (including pixels and cookies) are collected in an aggregated form and is non-personally identifiable. Due to the nature that this information is processed through Facebook and/or Google’s service(s), data may be linked back to an individual’s Account on those services. Further detail is outlined in Facebook’s Data Use Policy in which you may opt-out of Remarketing. Google also outlines how their Remarketing service functions, further allowing you to opt-out of such Remarketing Pixels & similar technologies.
- We use Google Analytics to analyse traffic and generate insights that can be used to improve our systems and services. No personally identifiable information is captured in this process, and all data collection and usage falls within the bounds of the acceptable use standards outlined in the Google Analytics Terms of Service.
- We also use Sentry to track errors across different areas of our System, in order to efficiently identify and correct issues as they happen. This logging is only in place to help us quickly iterate and strengthen the platform and we take a duty of care to ensure no sensitive information is visible in these internal error logs.